Before discussing points about Android project management tools, you must first understand what a project is. According to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), project is defined as a temporary endeavor to create a unique product, service or result. Every project has a definite start and end. The end is reached when objectives of the project have been achieved, when the project is terminated because its objectives are rendered unattainable or when the end product or result of the project is no longer needed. Tools are very essential for tracking projects as they form central part of the tracking process. They track what is actually happening on the project so that the actual results can be compared with planned results and corrective measures undertaken to correct the deviations. Android phones come with both paid and free project management software with an aggressively expanding product feature set.
At the heart of every successful project is a well-thought-out plan and execution. For a long time project management systems have fostered collaboration between teams of professionals but in the world today technology have changed the way of project management.
Android project management apps provide solutions for you to monitor the progress of the project even when you're working outside the office. It has a wide range in terms of features and capabilities. However, you may wonder if you can use Android to-do-list managers to take the place of project management apps. Let's explain them in details:
|Android to-do-list manager||Android project management app|
|1.||Personal use||Professional and work use|
|2.||Simple with no CRM system||With CRM system|
|3.||No network required||Network required|
|4.||All environment||Work environment|
|5.||Focus on the result||Focus on the progress|
1. To-do-list manager offers a full what-to-do list suited for personal task management. It is better to work as a reminder for you, while Android project manager applications are used for work and professionals.
2. To-do-list managers are usually simple to use. Set a time when you will call your mother and it will remind you with ringtones. Project management apps are used for work so that many people will be involved in the project. This kind of project management tool is sometimes paid and designed for companies with all company members or people from other companies. CRM system is a must for this.
3. Since people from other companies may also participate in the project, project management tool requires network for people to update the progress. No network can also work through to-do-list managers.
4. To-do-list managers may have work, shopping, family categories designed for you while project management app is only for work.
5. When people make a to-do-list, its main purpose is to complete the task. Well, when people create a project, people plan to update the progress and the head wants to check that.
Below is a tablet about top 5 project management apps for Android. You can have a look at it and select your desired app to keep good track of your project.
|1. Basecamp - Official App||Free||4.7/5|
|2. Smartsheet: Project Management||Free||4.1/5|
|3. Project Management System||Free||4.7/5|
|4. MPM Mobile Project Manager||Paid||4.1/5|
This is one of the most used Apps in project management with the features below:
Smartsheet is an application that provides platform for remote working. The main features of this application are:
This App allows both small and big businesses to streamline their project management functions.
It offer solutions for creating new projects and you can import from MS word, excel etc.
This android management app is a social internal network for you - company users. It enhances internal information exchange and communications and places a complete set of business tools into a single intuitive interface.
With this app, you can share the activities, comment on other people's posts, like posts, and send instant messages and notifications. Additionally it supports the company directory and work teams.
In the first two parts, I have shown you what differences between Android project manager app and Android to-do-list manager app and list top 5 Android project managers. In this part, I decide to show you a good solution to help you install, uninstall, backup and share Android project manager apps in one place.
To use this solution, first of all, you need to download and install the software – Wondershare TunesGo for Android (Windows and Mac versions) on your computer. Then, follow the easy steps to manage the project manager apps for Android.
Note: The Mac version doesn't offer you the download center to download Android project apps, move apps to SD card or share apps with your friends.
Step 1 Download the right version of the software on the computer. Install and run it.
Step 2 Use a USB cable to connect your Android phone to the computer.
Step 3 On the top column, click Apps to manage the Android project manager apps mentioned above.