There is an essential necessity to frequently update your Android devices to increase the functionality and performance. Android update manager freshens and improves both functionality and performance of any Android device by constantly updating the devices. The main features of Android update manager include a quick check of the latest versions of your favorite ROM and instant update of the available apps.
The following are the updates that Android users do:
With the rapid advanced technology, new features are added to the newer Android OS, device functionality and performance has been improved greatly. Most devices inform you of the availability of an update, but this may come later. You can avoid this by updating the OS yourself by following these simple steps.
Step 1 Back up your data: Even though there are slim chances of losing data or crashing in the process of updating your Android OS, you should not neglect it. To protect against data loss, effectively back it up by ticking built-in "Backup and restore" option or use one external tool like Wondershare TunesGo for Android to back up all data on your android device to the computer.
Step 2 Go to Settings:hYou can locate Settings by tapping the menu button on home screen and select Settings.
Step 3 Go further down to "About phone/tablet".
Step 4Tap "Software update".
Step 5 Go to "pdate". Other devices may have "Check for updates".
Step 6 Tap "Restart & Install". Your device needs to restart for it to install the update.
There are different firmwares developed from different device manufacturers for example "Galaxy Firmware & Updates" is a news and Android update manager application that is dedicated to Samsung mobile devices.
Let's take Samsung smartphone (S2, S3, S4) as an example to demonstrate how to update firmware. The guide is as follows:
Step 1 Choose "Phone settings" from the Settings menu, identify and tap "Network/Sim unlock". It will demand for phone model number. Insert the model number and tap "Generate unlock code". It will automatically generate unlock code as shown below.
Step 2 Flash the Firmware
Tap the right side pointing arrow to manually flash the firmware as in the figure below.
Disclaimer! Before flashing the firmware, you should aware of the following:
3. Select your device
Then, you see "Select Device". Scroll down the arrow until you see your device, then select it. This should lead you to Samsung updates.
4. Tap "Latest Firmwares" to finally update your phone's firmware and speed up your device performance.
Updating ROM can be tricky at times, but once you have mastered it, it is a painless affair. To update ROM, here is the guide:
1. On the home screen, locate the Menu and tap it
2. Tap "Apps" icon. Depending on your device, swipe sideways or downwards to locate the apps icon and select. Ensure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network as you proceed.
3. Go to "System updater pro" option. This will show you the device model, root status, what you are updating for. Tap "Download" option at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap "Wipe cache" and "Wipe Dalvik". This will wipe temporary files and avoid errors and conflicts that may occur during ROM installation. This should be done, especially when you install a major update (eg Android 2.3 to 4.0)
5. Select "Create update.zip" by tapping. This will help you to locate where your wiped/files will temporarily be stored.
6. Select the zip you created from the below list. The device gives you a list of places where you can safely store your files in the repository
7. Select Install now on the bottom right side of your screen to install the ROM update.
It's so easy to update Android apps as sometimes apps will send notifications to you that there is new version. Or sometimes when you open an app, it will ask you for update if it has a new version. Just click upgrade, you will be able to update it. Here is the guide to manage updates on Android in bulk with Android app update manager - System Updater (ROM Download)
Step 2 Open Android app update manager.
Step 3 Go to App Usage Report.
Step 4 Tap one app and the detailed information will be displayed.
Step 5 Choose Update check. If there is a new version, click Upgrade.