Every time I try to move a picture from my Camera Roll to a new album, it only copies it. And when I try to delete the pictures from my Camera Roll since they are in the other album, it only gives me the option to delete it everywhere. How do I only have it in the different album?
Actually, here are two easy solutions. The solution 1 tells you how to transfer photos from Camera Roll to another album without any third-party tool. You can totally do it for free on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. However, if you delete the photos in the Camera Roll, the same photos that you have copied to the album will also be deleted. The solution 2 offers you an iTunes companion, which lets you move your wanted photos from Camera Roll on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to an album easily. And more importantly, it enables you to delete the photos in the Camera Roll with no effect on those in an album.
To move Camera Roll photos to an album, you can directly do it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Follow the steps below.
Tap "Photos" on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. Choose an existing album under Photo Library. Or you can create a new album on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. On the top right corner, click "Edit". On the following screen, click "Add". Name your new album and click "Save". Then, click "Done".
Open the album and click the icon on the top right corner. Then, you get four choices. Choose "Add". On the following screen, click "Camera Roll" to show all photos that you have taken. Scroll down to find and check your wanted photos. Then, click "Done" on the top right corner. As you see, photos on Camera Roll are moved to the album. That’s the tutorial on how to export Camera Roll photos to an album.
1. It is free and without any third-party tool.
2. Easy to use
1. Be sure that you can NEVER delete the original photos in the Camera Roll. Once you delete them, the same photos that you have moved to the album will also be erased.
2. It is not appropriate for moving large number of pictures to different albums. If all the photos are stored in your Camera Roll, it will take up too much space of your iPhone.
Wondershare TunesGo is an excellent Phone Manager and iOS Transfer. It's used to manage photos, contacts, music, videos and SMS on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Both versions enable you to transfer photos from the Camera Roll and save them in an album under Photo Library. And more importantly, when the transfer is done, you can delete the original photos on Camera Roll. The photos in the album won't be removed. Moreover, it has a lot of other good and useful functions, all key features are below:
• Transfer photo, music, video, contact, message and more between apple devices and PC/Mac without iTunes
• Transfer daten between iOS devices directly
• Transfer music (purchased/downloaded), photos, playlists, movies, TV shows, music videos, podcasts, iTunes U and audio books between apple devices and iTunes.
• Manage your iOS devices without iTunes easily.
• Fix & optimize songs’ incomplete ID3 information, album cover to iPhone directly.
• Automatically convert iOS-unsupported music formats to compatible ones
• Intelligently export exclusive files to iTunes and automatically filter the duplicate files.
• Smartly merge all duplicate contacts.
• Perfectly backup/restore iTunes library.
• Convert live photos to GIF.
• Create GIF from images or videos
I'll show you how to export pictures from iPad/iPhone/iPod touch Camera Roll and save them to another album on the Windows computer . If you use a Mac, you should download the Mac version and take the similar steps.
At the beginning, run this program on your PC after installing it. Connect your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to your computer via a USB cable. Once your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch is connected, this program will detect it immediately. Then, you get the primary window.
To export Camera Roll photos to the album, first of all, you need to export these photos to your PC. Then, import it back to another album on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Then, let's move images from Camera Roll to another album.
Well done! That's the way about how to move pictures to a different album on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Now, you can delete these photos in the Camera Roll to free up space. Open the Camera Roll, and select photos that you want to delete. Then, click "Delete".
After the deletion, you can check the album that you save the Camera Roll photos. The photos are still there. Amazing, isn't it? Besides, if you get two Apple devices, you can also export the Camera Roll photos from one Apple device to another.
Note: If you lost your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch Camera Roll or Photo Library photos, and you don't have a backup, keep calm. You can recovery these photos on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch effortlessly.