Are you an Android phone user? Do you want to switch from Android to iPhone? If yes, then we have something interesting and useful for you. If you want to switch from Android to iPhone, you need not have to worry about anything now. You can easily transfer contacts, photos, music and apps from Android phone to iPhone. This article gives you a very clear guide to transfer contacts from android to iphone. You only need to follow some easy steps to transfer the contacts. Before going ahead with the transfer process, you need to espouse the basic principle i.e. to back up your data either in the cloud or a desktop system. Now, sync your phone to iPhone and follow the steps carefully.
Moving contacts from Android phone to iPhone is, now, just the matter of few minutes. Are you thinking of how? Relax, we will tell you how? With the launch of the iOS 9, a new app is also introduced in the market i.e. “Move to iOS”. By using this smart app, you can now easily transfer contacts using wireless medium. The app will let you transfer images and videos, wallpapers, calendars, emails, messages, songs and much more. With the help of “Move to iOS” app, the complete transfer process is taken care of very securely, so that your personal information does not get unprotected. Moreover, the choice to relocate data from Android to iPhone, using Move to iOS app is available only on devices that are running on iOS 9 or later version.
1. Firstly, setup your iPhone as normal, until you will arrive at the screen, which says “Apps and Data”. Now, select the “Move Data from Android" option.
2. Now, you need to open the Google Play Store in your Android Phone, and search for “Move to iOS”.
3. After searching for the Move to iOS App, open its listing and click on Install, Accept the permission requests and then, click on “Open” after the installation gets finished.
4. Click on the “Continue” option in both the phones, and “Agree” and after that “Next” on the Android smartphone.
5. Now, enter the 12-digit code, displayed in iPhone, in your Android phone.
6. Once, you have entered the code; the Android phone will connect with your iPhone, over a Wi-Fi Direct connection, and identify what data is required to be transferred. It will ask you what type of data you want to transfer, text messages, Google Account, contacts or images and videos in the camera roll. Choose the right option, and then click on Next.
7. The Android phone will move the data, which you have opted for, to the iPhone. After the transfer, the iPhone will place the content to the right apps. The two phones will then get disconnected, and the Android phone will prompt a message, which takes your old device to the Apple Store, where it gets recycled at free of cost.
8. When the transfer process gets completed, click on “Continue Setting Up iPhone” in your iPhone, and go ahead with setting up a new Apple ID or logging into the old or the existing one. Once the set-up process is completed, a prompt message will appear, which says, “log in to the accounts you transferred from the Android phone”. Login to the account(s) and you are good to go.
1. Transfer your data absolutely free of cost
2. Easy to understand and straightforward
3. There is no need of cable for data transfer, and you need not have to connect your devices (phones) to the PC
1. Dependency on wireless network for both the phones.
2. The transfer process works only when your iPhone is in its set-up stage i.e. when it is new or when it is reset to default factory settings.
3. Homespun selection of the objects is not possible, and only complete categories like, contacts, Gmail account, bookmarks, etc. can be transferred.
Besides using the simple “Move to iOS” method, you can also transfer android contacts to iPhone with TunesGo, that too in just one click. Tunegos is a highly useful and cost-effective Android/iOS Manager, developed by Wondershare. This software is used to manage Android/iOS devices and transfer data swiftly from one phone to another, irrespective of the operating platforms. With TunesGo, data transfer, data management, data deletion, data restoration and data backup become a piece of cake.
1. Firstly, download and install Wondershare MobileTunesGo on your Computer.
2. After the installation, connect your Android as well as iPhone to the computer, using USB ports.
3. Now, launch Wondershare MobileTrans. Moreover, click on “Trust” on the display of your iPhone, and “OK” on the screen of your Android device. This will allow your PC to trust your iPhone and enable the USB debugging on the Android.
4. Click Phone to Phone transfer on the home interface.
5. In the next window, you need to ensure that both the “Source” and the “Destination” panel have Android and iPhone displayed therein, respectively. Then click Next.
6. Select the data types you want to transfer from Android to iPhone among Music, Videos, Playlists, Contacts, SMS and Photos. Then click Transfer.
1. It works well with both Android and iOS and can also transfer data from iPhone/iPad to Android.
2. It can support to transfer contacts, SMS, music, videos, playlists, photos and even more.
3. The program is very intuitive and the whole process only takes a few minutes.
This is a paid program. The free trial version only support to transfer 5 contacts.
Apart from the two methods mentioned above, you can transfer contacts from android to iphone through Gmail. If you have a Google account i.e. Gmail, Google play, etc., there are high chances that your full contacts will be associated with the Google account. Transferring contacts from Android to iPhone is quite simple and requires few steps to be followed.
Whenever you add a new contact on your phone, it will always for “whether you want to save it to sim card or your Gmail. So, saving contact in Gmail will benefit you in future while transferring the contacts from Android to iPhone.
1. From your Android phone, go to the Settings, and select “ Accounts and Sync” or similar option.
2. Enter your Gmail username and password, and enable synchronization. By doing this, you will allow your phone contacts and Google Contacts to get synced.
3. Now, go to your iPhone. In the Settings menu, go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add your Gmail account.
4. It will ask for the Gmail Account credentials again. Once you login to it, it will ask, what type of information you would like to activate. Select Contacts and your Android contacts will get imported to your new iPhone.
1. This method is used to transfer contacts from Android to all another operating system like iOS, Windows, etc.
2. The method is very easy and takes less time for transfer.
3. Using Gmail for contacts transfer is very secure.
4. Despite contacts, you can also transfer calendars and emails.
1. You must have a Google account for this.
2. The formats in which the contacts is backed-up by the Android OS in Gmail is not supported by iPhone, and as a result of this, iOS makes alterations in the format of saving contacts.
By using any of the methods stated above, you can conveniently transfer contacts from your old Android smartphone to your new iPhone. No worry of losing your important contacts!