Not only Smartphone devices, but it also helps to root your tablet, and therefore, in the given section, we shall learn how to root Motorola XOOM. While the rooting process of a tablet may frighten a few people, there is nothing to be skeptical about as the process is more or less the same as followed for the Android Smartphone. The major question that arises when you sit down to root Motorola XOOM is that what are you really looking for after the rooting is complete? While some look for better space for their RAM, they are many who desire the closure of unwanted background applications. Whatever the reason might be, it certainly pays off to carry out the process to root the Motorola XOOM.
Please note rooting your device would void or null its warranty forever. Having said that, you can reinstate the warranty if you are able to find a method that helps to undo the process you have otherwise carried out through rooting.
Talking about rooting Android phones and tablets, it would be improper to leave TunesGo out. Before we get into the technicalities, it is worth mentioning that TunesGo is an all-round manager that helps you manage, import, and export all your multimedia content with a single click. If you wish to manage your growing app collection, wish to send messages from their desktop, and are looking to enhance the performance of your devices, Wondershare’s TunesGo has everything, including one-click root Android devices, and that’s not all.
The TunesGo program comes along an Essential Toolkit that is instrumental when it comes to optimizing and managing mobile devices. Doubling up as a rooting tool, this program offers you the flexibility to root your Motorola XOOM through a single click
Serving as a popular mechanism to root android devices, TunesGo is known for its simplified version that has appealed to countless users. With a single click, you have the luxury to root Motorola XOOM successfully. It provides general compatibility for 3000+ Android devices. So, if you have considered all the requirements that are necessary to root your Motorola XOOM, simply download and install TunesGo and then run it on your PC or Mac.
Step 1 Connect your Motorola XOOM with the PC that is running Wondershare TunesGo. After the device has been recognized, the Motorola XOOM you wish to root would pop up in the primary window.
Step 2 You are required to click on ‘Toolbox’ and click ‘One-click Root’. This shall initiate the rooting process of your device. Please ensure that the device is connected throughout the process for it to be rooted successfully.
To start with the process to root Motorola XOOM, one would require an ‘adb’, that is an Android Debug Bridge and fast-boot installed on your computer.
Also, there would be the necessary installation of Motorola XOOM’s USB drivers which can be downloaded here.
So, here are the steps.
The Android Debug Bridge is contained within the Android SDK, and is a tool that allows you to control the state of an emulator instance or any Android Powered Device.
Basically, this one is a client-server program that has three essential components:
1) The client that runs on your development machine. You can invoke a client from the shell through the usage of an ‘adb’ command. ADT plug-in and DDMS are also helpful when it comes to creating adb clients.
2) There is also a server that runs as a process in the backdrop on the development machine. The server is responsible for managing the communication between the client and the ‘adb’ daemon that is running on Motorola XOOM.
3) The daemon, discussed in the above step, is another process that runs in the background on the device.
You are then required to download the Android SDK for your respective Operating System. Once the installation is complete, one can locate the adb tool in/platform-tools/ or if they are looking for a direct method, simply head to the tools folder of the Android SDK folder.
Apart from the adb tool that has been installed above, you are required to install the command-line fast-boot tool. This is done in order to flash the system image of the device and is particularly useful if one is interested to install the radio or system images independently. It is also useful foryou with the environment of fast-boot. Motorola XOOM must have a compatible fast-boot boot-loader.
You can compile the code themselves, or have built the Android Open Source Tree, the fast-boot executable would be available in the following location:
4) You can then get the XOOM root Zip File which is useful in the process to root Motorola XOOM.
5) Moving on, you then have to use WinZip in order to extract the ZIP files. These basically include three files which are rootboot.img, su, and Superuser.apk.
6) You then have to switch off the Motorola XOOM.
7) However, do ensure that the device is attached to the system through the USB port and then power it off.
8) Reboot your Motorola XOOM.
9) Pressing the volume buttons simultaneously would help the reboot. You are requested not to release the buttons till you see a message that says ‘Starting Fast-boot protocol support’. The message should appear in the upper-left hand corner of the XOOM display.
10) The next step requires you enable USB debugging which is essential to root Motorola XOOM and then reboot it. The reboot can be carried out through command prompt using the following command: ‘adb reboot bootloader’. You must then flash the boot image using the following command in command prompt: ‘fastboot flash boot rootboot.img’.
11) Again reboot, and do it through the command prompt using the following command: ‘fastboot reboot’.
12) You may then have to wait for some time for the reboot to be complete. Wait for the reboot to lock the screen. When the terminal window appears, you have to input the following commands, and make sure you hit enter after typing each command.
‘adb push su/system/bin/’
‘adb push Superuser.apk/system/app/
The next step requires you to conduct a verification to ensure the success of the process to root Motorola XOOM.
13) In order to ensure that the reboot was successful, simply enter the command ‘adb shell’ into the command prompt and one shall get ‘#’ prompt. This is an indication that the rooting process has been completed successfully for Motorola XOOM.
In the next section, we shall try and understand the need behind the process to root Motorola XOOM.
In the above steps, we learnt how easy and important it is to know the process to root Motorola XOOM. If you are looking to root your tablet, there are some simple steps listed above. While there are quite a few methods that can be used without a PC, we recommend Wondershare TunesGo as the most safe and secure when it comes to the process to root Motorola XOOM, keeping in mind the security of your data.
Other Features of Wondershare’s TunesGo:
1) Helps enhancing device performance that includes speeding up the apps, games, and other utility apps.
2) A quick scan through TunesGo helps you get rid of all the unnecessary files on your Android device. All the cleaning done in mere seconds.
3) Transfer media files between PC and iTunes Library.