Rooting is a task that should be done when the Android user is already aware of what its pros and cons are. Technically, the rooting of an Android phone is a good thing since you can easily free up a lot of space on your device. Moreover, it makes it easier to access apps and features that are otherwise restricted by the manufacturer. Lastly, it can easily make the Android phone's performance a lot faster. That's why we want to root Sony XPERIA Z.
However, there are also risks that come with the rooting of a device. For example, the warranty of the device will be voided if the rooting is done successfully. If the warranty is voided, then that means you cannot enjoy free repair services if the phone gets damaged. There are other consequences that are worth noting before you go ahead with rooting your Android device.
If you have just recently purchased a Sony XPERIA Z, then you have to consider what are the pros and cons of the said task. Moreover, you also have to consider what rooting apps are suitable for use with this particular Android smart phone device. There should be a number of Android Root tools worth considering if you plan to proceed with the process.
Here are examples of those rooting apps that one can easily use.
The Wondershare TunesGo is the best Android root tool that can be easily used for rooting Sony Z. For this Sony root tool, it can do more than just root the device. It can free up a lot of your space, manage and transfer data, and even erase data. If you plan to use this particular Sony root tool, then here are the step-by-step tutorial for how you can do that with the Sony Z:
1. Download the Wondershare TunesGo and launch it on your computer.
2. Enable the USB Debugging mode of the Sony XPERIA Z device. To do so, you should go to Settings, tap on About phone, and then tap the build number about five times. That can then allow the Developer options.
3. Since the Developer options is already allowed, then you can now find the USB Debugging mode. Put a check mark on the box for the said option. After that, a prompt will show to ask permission to allow the USB Debugging. Tap on OK.
4. Launch Wondershare TunesGo and connect the Sony XPERIA Z into computer with the USB cable. TunesGo will automatically detect it. If it is properly detected, then it should properly show on the interface of the Sony root tool.
5. Start the actual process of rooting Sony XPERIA Z. Click Toolbox tap and find the button One-click Root. Just click on this button to commence the rooting process.
6. Never disconnect the Sony Z from the computer while doing the rooting. Again, this process will require stable connection so never unplug the device. After this, the Sony Z is now successfully rooted!
Of course, TunesGo is not the only option available to have the Sony Z rooted. There are many simple tools for your use to be able to gain root access to the Android device. Let's proceed to the process for unlocking the bootloader then.
1. Download the easy rooting toolkit from the link http://d-h.st/Kmm and unzip it to your C-drive.
2. Connect the Sony Z Android device to the computer.
3. After that, locate the runme.bat file that you have extracted to your C-Drive.
4. Once the command prompt shows up, you will be asked to press any key to proceed to the next step. You have to press the ENTER key and that should initiate the rooting process.
5. In the Sony Z Android device, wait for the full restore screen to show up. Once you get that, you hav to press the restore my data option.
6. After the restore has ended, go to Phone and dial *#*#7378432#*#*. You will be shown a list of options so choose Service Test and then select Display. You will be prompted that the Service Menu is not responding. You have two options to proceed, one is to press Wait while the other is to press OK. You have to press Wait. That would make the screen of the Sony Z turn white.
7. Once the screen of the Sony Z turns white, press ENTER on the command prompt. This should run some diagnostics on the device. After that, the Sony Z will reboot. Just wait for it. Once you are at the home screen, that should mean the rooting has been successful.
8. Once you are at the home screen, you will have to check whether or not the Android device has indeed been rooted. You will have to go to Apps and see if the Superuser app is there.
9.Tap on the Superuser app, press OK, and you will not have root access to your Sony Z. The Superuser app is a root management tool that you need for your Android device. So, if you are successful in accessing it at this point, then there should be no problems with your rooting process.
10. The next step is to go to the Google Play Store. You have to find Root Checker and install it onto your Sony Z.
11.After the Root Checker app has been successfully installed into your Sony Z, drag the notification bar and find the newly installed app. Run it. There should be a disclaimer that will pop up before you can fully access the app. Read the notification and tap on Agree.
12. Once you have already accessed the Root Checker app, you will then need to tap the Verify Root button. This will initiate the verification of the root status of this Sony Z Android device. Just wait for it to complete.
13. After that, it will show that the rooting process is successful through the Congratulations message. And you are done!