In addition to transferring the contacts from your old Samsung phone to a new one, many times you may also want the contacts to be synched with your PC so that you can use them as backup, central repository, or a master database that you can use whenever you wish to have the contacts added to your new device.
Although you can transfer contacts from your Samsung phone to your PC using several ways, here you will learn the two easiest ways to get the task done quickly. These two methods are:
The step-by-step instructions for both the contacts to PC transfer methods are described below:
Transferring contacts from your Samsung phone to a PC and back with Wondershare TunesGo is simple as compared to the method described above. Although you must purchase a licensed copy of the program to fully utilize all its features, Wondershare TunesGo is worth every cent that you invest in it. The step-by-step procedure of transferring your Samsung contacts to PC using Wondershare TunesGo is described below:
1. Download and install Wondershare TunesGo to PC, then connect your Samsung phone to the computer using the USB cable that came along with it. Wait for Wondershare TunesGo to detect your phone and install the appropriate drivers on it. You may need to provide your consent to allow your phone to trust the computer to which it is connected.
Note: USB debugging must be enabled on your phone in order to allow Wondershare TunesGo to detect your phone. Check how to Enable USB Debug on Android >>.
2. Once Wondershare TunesGo detects your phone, click to select the Information tab. Choose all or selected contacts you want to export, then click the Export option.
3. From the displayed list, click the desired format or program to which you want to export the contacts. (The to CSV file option is selected here for demonstration.)
4. On the Browse For Folder box, click to select the destination folder or create a new one (by clicking the Make New Folder button) where you want to save the exported file.
5. Wait until the contacts are being exported to the selected file format or program and once done, on the Export Successfully box click OK. Alternatively you can click the Open Folder button to locate the exported file.
Once the contacts are exported, you can import contacts from the backup file on PC back to the Samsung Smartphone or to other Android or iOS devices.
1. From the contact management window, click the Import option.
2. From the displayed list, choose the file or program from where you want to import the contacts. (The from CSV file option is selected here.)
3. On the opened Select contact you want to import box, locate the file that you want to import. You can import the contacts to phone, SIM card or Accounts like Gmail or Outlook. To change the destination location where you want the contacts to be imported (such as a particular directory on your phone), you can click the Select a contacts account drop-down list and choose the desired destination for importing before clicking the OK button.
This method uses a two-step procedure to transfer your contacts from a Samsung phone to your PC. In the first step you synchronize your Samsung phone contacts to your associated Gmail account, and in the second step you export the contacts from the Gmail account to the local hard disk drive of your PC. The contacts can be exported in a .csv or .vcf file, and the file can then be imported to an application on the PC or to a different mobile phone respectively. You can follow the instructions given below to get the task done:
1. Power on your Samsung mobile phone.
2. Make sure you have added your Gmail account to your phone.
Note: If you haven’t added an account, you can do so by going to Settings > Accounts > Add account, selecting Google from the Add account window, and then following the instructions from there.
3. Open the Apps drawer.
4. From the displayed list of icons, tap Contacts.
5. From the opened interface, tap the More icon (icon with the three vertical dots) from the top-right corner.
6. From the displayed menu, tap the Move device contacts to option.
7. On the Move device contacts to box that pops up, tap Google.
8. On the Move contacts to Google account box, tap OK.
9. Wait until the contacts from your Samsung phone are being transferred to your Gmail account.
10. Once done, log on to your computer.
11. Open any web browser of your choice and then open your Gmail account to which you have transferred the contacts from your Samsung mobile.
12. On the opened Gmail account’s interface, click the down-facing arrow button next to the Gmail icon.
13. From the displayed menu, click Contacts.
14. When on the Contacts page, from the right pane, check the main checkbox from the top to select all the contacts in the list.
15. Click the More button from the top.
16. From the displayed menu, click Export.
17. From the Export contacts box that appears, under the Which contacts do you want to export section, click to select the radio button representing the types of contacts that you wish to export. (All contacts is selected here.)
18. From under the Which export format section, click to select the radio button representing the format type in which you want to export the contacts. (Outlook CSV format is selected here.)
19. Finally click the Export button and wait until the contacts are being exported to the selected file type.
After the contacts have been exported to the selected format, you can use the traditional method to import the file to the desired program or phone to add the contacts for further use.
Regardless of the numerous alternatives available to transfer contacts from your Samsung smartphone to your PC, the two methods described above are the simplest, cheapest and most efficient ones to use.